Search This Blog

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Welcome: Chronicles of Anna

Hello!  My name is Tammy Jo (Schumann) Prenot.  I am the granddaughter of Anna and Harland Schumann.  It is my honor to bring the journals that my grandma wrote for over 40 years to you.  I hope you enjoy reading her words and remember her spirit fondly.


She and Grandpa were so incredibly gracious and kind to me.  I thank my parents for allowing me to spend so many summers with them.  I wish every kid could grow up in northern Minnesota, spending their summers fishing, playing, spending time with Great Grandma (Anna Windsor), playing piano at her nursing home [both Cedarbrook and Woodland Acres], watching Grandma and Grandpa serve people at so many service organizations, and, of course, going to the Chicken Shack and Paul Bunyan Center (how does Paul Bunyan know my name?).  These were summers of a lifetime and memories that will last forever. Everyone certainly caught a lot of fish and played a lot of cards.

This blog is a work in progress, even though the journals are essentially complete.  I apologize in advance for slaughtering any names and invite you to contact me so I can properly edit this blog. Either I just could not read her writing or I did not know the people. Also, if you have any pictures of you with Anna and Harland Schumann, I would be happy to post them to this blog.  Just contact me and I'll make sure we work it out.  

A family tree seems in order before we get started, which I will be posting once it is relatively complete.  Again, if you would like to contribute any information or have your name added to the tree, please contact me. The tree I will be sharing with you is one I did for free on https://familysearch.org/. This has truly been a labor of love.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment